Field Trips at the Terre Haute Children's Museum
Looking for an educational AND fun field trip for your class? The Terre Haute Children's Museum is the perfect destination to teach your students about science and technology in an exciting hands-on atmostphere.
What kind of trips do we offer?
- Self-Exploration Trips: Visit the museum for two hours and enjoy exploring at your own pace. Split your group into smaller groups of five or less children and play with your favorite exhibits! Self-exploration trips are $5 per child.
- Focused Field Trips: Do you want to add something extra to your trip? Check out what we have to offer for Focused Field Trips. With this option your class gets a lesson and activity before they explore the museum. Group size and time is limited. Click HERE for more information. Focused Field Trips are $6 per child.
1. Bring your own lunch and use one of our party rooms to eat. We charge $1 per person for room use and clean-up.
Ready to schedule? Here is our Request Form. All forms must be initialed and signed in order to be scheduled. Forms not initialed or signed will not be scheduled.
**NEW POLICIES- MUST READ!
- The Terre Haute Children's Museum is enforcing a new policy about adults without children visiting the museum. Due to this new rule, ALL chaperones MUST be on a chaperone list and sent to the museum prior to your visit. Chaperones not on this list will be treated as "childless adults". They will be asked to allow us to hold their ID, sign-in and be charged a $7 admission fee.
- Chaperone Policy: We still require a 5:1 child to adult ratio at the museum for all group visiting. All teachers, aides, and bus drivers are FREE. All non-school-employee chaperones will be charged a $3 admission fee. They will need to pay for themselves upon arriving at the museum.
- We now have two payment options for your group!
- Pay for your students the day of your visit.
- The museum can invoice your school after your visit.